Welcome to our Fall 2023 Artisan Home, Modern Prairie.
City Homes is proud to officially open our doors to the public for another wonderful Artisan Home Tour. Tour guests are able to find us under House #1 on the official website and magazine. To explore our one-of-a-kind home, visit www.artisanhometour.org or download the free app to purchase tickets.
2038 Holy Name Dr, Medina, MN 55391
Surrounded by a forest of pine trees, this brand-new home takes advantage of its secluded setting to create a peaceful, family-oriented abode, combining Asian influence with modern comfort.
Interior Design: Randolph Interior Design
Photography: Auden Street
Windows: Kolbe Windows
Siding: James Hardie
Lumber: Scherer Bros. Lumber Co.
Home Automation: Bravas
About the Modern Prairie Project
2 Bedrooms | 2.5 Baths
When our clients approached us, they shared their preferences for different home styles. After having a discussion with them, we found that the most important features they wanted were the sleek and clean lines of a modern home, with subtle influences from Asian-inspired homes. You can see this in the use of wood accents both inside and outside the home.
From a practical point of view, the kitchen played a central role in the design of the house. To fulfill this requirement, we designed the layout in a way that seamlessly connects the kitchen to the great room and dining spaces. We also included a Butler's Pantry, which serves as both storage and an additional workspace. Its location near the garage makes it easy and convenient to drop off groceries.
Moreover, we took into consideration the idea of aging in place. To address this, we placed the primary suite on the main level, reduced the number of steps into the house, and designed the stairway to accommodate a future elevator. The unfinished lower level provides the flexibility to expand the space as needed, allowing for future needs to be met.
Highlight Features to the Modern Prairie project:
- Open concept floor plan
- Piano/Bar room adjacent to the great room
- One-of-a-kind countertops
- Kitchen with walk-through cabinet design
- Screen porch featuring Phantom Screens
- Walk-in pantry/galley prep kitchen
- Two-sided fireplace has a stone surround and hearth
- Primary suite on the main level
- Porcelain shower in the owner's suite bathroom
- Grand glass windows on the front and back of the house
- Spacious 4-car garage with an adjacent dog room
- Designs that comply with CAPS (Certified Aging-in-Place Specialist), promoting age-in-place functionality
How to Visit the Artisan Home
This development is new for most maps and GPS! If you are using GPS please input coordinates: 45.01666 N, 93.52392 W.
We kindly ask that you please adhere to the following instructions while you are touring:
- Shoe-Free Zone: To maintain cleanliness and preserve our flooring, we kindly request that you remove your shoes upon entering the house. We have provided a designated area for you to leave your shoes at the entrance.
- No Food or Drink: To prevent any potential spills or stains, we kindly ask that you refrain from consuming food or beverages while touring the property. We appreciate your understanding in helping us maintain a clean and inviting environment for all visitors.
- Be Kind to Our Neighbors: When arriving at the house/property, kindly be considerate of parking and avoid disturbing our neighbors. Please follow the signage for public and handicapped parking.
Thank you for your cooperation in following these instructions.
Notes From the Builder
"What are the must-see features at the Artisan Home?"
"I would say how it invites nature in and takes advantage of its beautiful wooded, secluded surroundings. The large windows of the two story tall main living space invites views in and through the home as well as bringing in ample natural light in the cooler months while large overhangs provide shading during the warmer months. This creates a grand space that is suitable for just the homeowners to enjoy or to host large gatherings. And as a bonus, the home office (more important to have a space that you enjoy working in at home now than ever) borrows light and views from this space while still maintaining privacy and quiet." - Rebecca Remick